Wednesday, September 20, 2006

There Are Pictures, Peter...Dirty, Dirty Pictures.

In case you missed it, Peter Gammons is back on ESPN and writing his column for ESPN Insider. From his long-awaited return (courtesy of Deadspin):

The first clue that my cell towers were intact came right around the trading deadline, approximately a month after my aneurysm. By that time, I had been transferred from the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston to the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape and the Islands. I was perusing the morning box scores in the Cape Cod Times when I brusquely asked my nurse, "Linda, how did Austin Kearns get to the Nationals?"

Man hasn't lost a step.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which does leave one question - how the hell did Austin Kearns get to the Nationals?

Mark Cenczyk said...

Due to the one, brief, fleeting moment of sobriety in Jim Bowden's tenure as GM up here. Which proves nothing if not that Wayne Krivsky is a first-rate gooberhead.