Friday, October 23, 2015

104 stadiums and counting

Continuing my quest to see all 129 FBS stadiums - for #104 I flew to Lubbock, which is a great idea if I do say so myself, b/c flying to Dallas or Houston or El Paso and driving all the way across the great state of Texas would be painful.  I got to see Texas Tech take on the #3 ranked TCU Horned Frogs.


The 'frogs are really struggling this season (at times) - they have had a couple of close calls already but made it work somehow.  For those who didn't see the game, TCU eked (yes, eked) out a 3 point victory with an amazing grab near the end of regulation.  You probably saw it on ESPN; the TCU player grabbed the ball out of the air on the 4th down play, and barely tapped his toe as he was falling out of bounds.  It was reviewed, and confirmed.  So with about 10 seconds left, this was followed by the ever exciting but never working multiple lateral play by Texas Tech, and they made it to the 10 year line, actually.  But this isn't horseshoes, hand grenades, or nuclear warfare.


The stadium was awesome - very impressive structure, and of course it was loud for this game, as it usually is.  I won't go into a lot of detail on the stadium itself, because I write stadium reviews on a different site (see the link below), so you can see more there.  One cool thing is they let you bring in empty water bottles to fill at the fountains, in case you don't want to spend $5 for Dasani.


http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/jones-at&t-stadium-s426/


What really made it fun were three things - the crowd, seeing the Masked Rider charging down the field, and of course the game itself, which was back and forth the whole time and went down to the wire as I said before.


So there you go.  I have other posts of other visits from this year, and Stadium Journey has lots of reviews I have written including basketball, hockey, and baseball in addition to football.  Please check them out b/c I get a mad 1/2 cent per page view, baby, yeah!


No comments: