|Josh Smith, I play these tiny violins for you, my friend. FOR YOU!|
1) Leandro Barbosa was...
A) traded from the Celtics to the Wizards
B) defeated in battle by Thundarr the Barbarian, Princess Ariel and Ookla the Mok
C) the evil ghost captain in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
2) Hakim Warrick was traded to the Knicks from...
A) A team that might win the D-League
B) The Charlotte Bobcats
C) All of the above
3) The draft rights to Giorgio Printezis were acquired in exchange for...
A) Some loose change and a busted yo-yo
B) Half of Eric Maynor
C) Trick question - Giorgio Printezis is the guy who runs the sub shop around the corner and no way is he getting traded, cause he makes a mean croque monsieur.
4) What the Bobcats got back for Warrick was...
A) Josh McRoberts
B) Chicken McNuggets
C) A bottle of 18-year Macallan
5) The guy the Knicks traded to the Thunder was
A) Ronnie Brewer
B) Vinnie Testaverde
C) John Cafferty and most of the Beaver Brown Band
6) The other pieces in the J.J. Redick trade included...
A) Chuck Nevitt, Greg Kite and Shawn Bradley
B) Steve Rothery, Ian Mosely, Mark Kelly and Pete Trewavas
C) Beno Udrih, Ish Smith and Gustavo Ayon
7) Sebastian Telfair is now playing with...
A) The Toronto Raptors
B) The Toronto Argonauts
C) The reformed ? and the Mysterians
8) Tyler Honeycutt was traded from which team?
A) The Sacramento Kings
B) The Seattle Supersonics
C) The 4077th MASH
9) The Hawks acquired Dahntay Jones. This was surprising because...
A) Nobody had any idea Dahntay Jones was still in the league.
B) Seriously? Dahntay Jones? THE Dahntay Jones?
C) They were supposed to be dumping Josh Smith instead.
10) The biggest winner at the NBA trade deadline was:
A) Milwaukee, for getting Redick
B) Toronto, for picking up the actually talented Rudy Gay well ahead of the deadline
C) NHL commissioner Gary Bettman
(Correct answers: 1-A 2-B 3-B 4-A 5-A 6-C 7-A 8-A or B 9-C 10-C. Give yourself 1 point for each correct answer. If you scored between 1 and 10 points, you're insane and need to get out of the house more. If you got 0, you're probably on staff with us)
1 It is Sportsthodoxy policy to neither confirm nor deny that one of our staff members read this article and said, and this is a direct quote, "also, and I am not even kidding, I thought JJ Redick played hockey". Which, I think, proves our point.