Tuesday, November 03, 2015

106 stadiums and counting

For those of you following along, I am on a mission to see all 129 (soon to be 130) FBS teams play at home.  To date I have seen 108 of them, so if you paid attention to the title you will notice I am a couple posts behind.  Sorry.

So for 106, a week and a half ago, I drove to Muncie, IN to see Central Michigan take on Ball State.  I am having the worst luck with weather this season, BTW.  I have already been to two games this season that were delayed by lightning (one until the next day), and multiple games where it has rained.  But these are all over the country, so no idea what the common denominator is - unless it is just me of course.


So my mother lives in Huntington, WV, so for this trip I got to stay in luxurious Hotel Mom - drove in Friday night, got up early to drive 4-5 hours for a 3 pm kickoff, and then 4-5 hours back, then drove home Sunday morning.  Long drive, but worth it to knock off a stadium.

If I am bad luck, the Ball State fans probably want to throttle me - the ended up scoring a go-ahead touchdown in the 4th, only to lose by a field goal after failing to score at the end.  Happens to them a lot actually - the Cardinals are 3-6 and would have to win out to become bowl-eligible.

Lots of good food at Scheumann Stadium, though - they have a plaza in one end zone that has some local stuff, as well as regular stands on the other side and on the east and west.  I didn't write a review of this stadium b/c my editor had one from someone else recently, but feel free to check out my other reviews here:

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/member/Aaron%20S.%20Terry

So that is 106.  Check back soon for 107 and beyond.

Keep reading.  Maybe post a comment too, I would love to know if you like what I am writing.  I probably won't love it if you don't like my posts, but you can still tell me.  I take all comers.

No comments: