- Tom Glavine on short rest? Not so good.
- Tom Glavine on regular rest during these playoffs? Pretty good.
- Albert Pujols facing a rested Tom Glavine? Sizing up that 86-mph fastball two inches off the outside corner and licking his chops.
- Lou Piniella managing the Cubs? Interesting. One assumes he's gotten some promises out of the Tribune folks as to dollars being spent so that the lineup outside of the 3-4-5 spots doesn't look as barren as Tatooine during a dry spell, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job. And, if Rich Hill is finally for real, a pitching staff with a healthy Zambrano, Prior, and Hill starting the rotation and a rejuvenated Kerry Wood at the back of the bullpen might not be bad. That being said, I still don't like the odds.
- Joe Girardi? Hoping Bruce Bochy jumps.
- Bruce Bochy? Being prodded toward the ledge by his agent.
- Charlie Manuel? Getting that itchy feeling between his shoulder blades again, twice as hard.
Now batting for the Cubs, Ronny Cedeno. There, behind the moisture farm.