- The rules are well intentioned.
- Despite that, they have fairly obvious unintended consequences that can be exploited.
- These exploits are of the sort that are so obvious that any eleven year old on Xbox live would have discerned them immediately upon starting play.
- There people who are paid to think about how those eleven year olds can exploit game rules and ruin things for everyone. Those people are called game designers. To repeat: thinking about stuff like this is their job.
- Game designers design games.
- Baseball is a game.
- Hey MLB, before you come up with the next massive rules change, you think you might want to hire a game designer or two? Or failing that, some eleven year olds with Xboxes. I understand they work cheap.
Friday, October 21, 2016
I Can't Believe I Have To Say This Again
Some thoughts on MLB's replay rules: