Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Malcolm Gladwell on College Football

Some people find Malcolm Gladwell to be a little facile while others find him to be a genius (personally I loved Blink but thought The Tipping Point was awful).  He's been on a crusade lately that combines two stances I* strongly agree with:

  • College football players are being taken advantage of
  • Head injuries in modern football, at all levels, are a grave crisis


In Slate today, Katy Waldman interviews Gladwell about these issues.  In it they also link to a plausible article in Grantland that posits a CTE-related scenario that might lead to the demise of the NFL.  Interesting reading.

* I don't speak for young Mr. Dansky here of course

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with Gladwell's take on college football. I strongly disagree with his continued association with Bill Simmons.