- Number of callers who couldn't pronounce Jonathan Papelbon's name, even after being repeatedly corrected by the host: 1
- Number of callers who wanted to throw Jed Lowrie in the Harbor after he hit into a double play against the Angels: 15
- Number of hosts still upset that Terry Francona didn't play John Olerud more in 2005: 1
- Number of callers who wanted Terry Francona's head for leaving Josh Beckett in to pitch the 7th inning: 4
- Number of times Chuck from Saugus said that Manny is a "winnah": 6
- Number of times Don from the Cape said that Manny is a bum who needs to go: 6
- Number of callers proposing the Sox trade Kevin Youkilis to Atlanta for Mark Teixeira, regardless of whether this makes any sense for the Braves: 3
- Number of callers who insisted that Tampa's All-Star catcher Dioner Navarro (traded away in 2004 as the prize of the Randy Johnson deal) was, and I quote, "a guy the Yankees didn't want": 1
- Number of times other hosts essentially called Glen Ordway an idiot: 9
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Was in New England This WEEIkend...
...and spent some time listening to the legendary WEEI*.